It’s an early start this morning as you’ll be collected at the hotel around 6:00am for a drive to the jetty in Khao Lak, north of Phuket.
On arrival, a simple breakfast of coffee, tea and pastries will be served. After grabbing your snorkelling gear it’s time to board the speedboat for a trip across the Andaman.
Mu Ko Surin National Park consists of five islands. There are no hotels on the island, just two campgrounds and a few bungalows run by the national park. The island has been home to the Moken, a community of sea gypsies who migrated from Myanmar’s Mergui Archipelago, for decades.
Throughout the day you’ll stop at a number of the island’s best snorkelling destinations. Unlike much of Thailand the visibility here often exceeds 20 metres, and you have a much higher chance of encountering larger sealife like turtles, sharks and moray eels.
You’ll also visit the Moken village where they still live a mostly traditional life where the sea provides for most of their needs. Their stilted homes line the white-sand beach while their small boats bob just offshore. The community is still impoverished compared to standards on the mainland and many youth, if they have the opportunity, are starting to relocate.
A delicious buffet lunch including drinks and fresh fruit will be served at the national park restaurant.
The rest of the afternoon will be spent exploring the beaches and some more snorkelling before the return cruise to the mainland. On arrival, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel.
- Round trip transfer within Phuket
- Soft drinks, Drinking water
- Fresh fruits in season
- Snorkelling Equipment
- Life jacket
- English speaking guide
- Personal accident insurance
- National Park entrance fee
- Tips for drivers and speedboat crew
- Please prepare for an active day by brining a bathing suit, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and any other items you may require for a full-day on the water
- Only available from 15 Oct to 15 May
- Due to the remote nature of the trip, staff are trained in first-aid and CPR. A basic clinic on the island is available